Fire Safe India Foundation (FSIF ) is committed to the ethical collection, retention and use of information that you provide to us about yourself (“Personal Information”) on this site http://www.firesafeindia.org/(“Site”)
Your Personal Information may comprise the following:
- your name
- your age
- your occupation
- a user ID and password of your choice
- your email and mailing address
- your telephone number
- your payment processing details
- limited personal details
Collection of Information
- Site Browsing: You browse the Site anonymously. We do not require you to identify yourself or reveal any Personal Information while browsing through the Site. However, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Site or interact with us without supplying us with Personal Information. For instance, you would not be able to transact at the Site or make any donations at the Site, without providing the Site with Personal Information. If you desire to register yourself at the Site, you would be required to provide your Personal Information.
- While you are browsing through the Site, the Site’s operating system may automatically record some general information (“General Information”) about your visit such as:
- the date and time you visit the Site, along with the address of the previous website your were visiting, if you linked to us from another website
- the type of browser you are using (such as Internet Explorer version ‘X’)
- which ‘hit’ it is on the Site
- The General Information is not Personal Information. Fire Safe India Foundation tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any Personal Information collected from you.
- The General Information is used by Fire Safe India Foundation for statistical analysis, for tracking overall traffic patterns on the Site and to gauge the public interest in FSIF and the Site. Such General Information may be shared by FSIF with any person, at FSIF ‘s discretion.
- Usage of Information
- Personal information will be used by FSIF for internal purposes including the following:
- sending you inter alia emails, features, promotional material, surveys, brochures, catalogues, reminders for donations, and other updates.
- maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site
- evaluating and administering the Site and FSIF’s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
Disclosure of Personal Information by FSIF
- Within FSIF, access to Personal Information collected by FSIF will be given only to those persons who are authorised by FSIF and third parties hired by FSIF to perform administrative services. FSIF will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in FSIF’s Database, processing your orders or donations preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. FSIF cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and FSIF will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
- FSIF may share Personal Information with any of persons who are associated with FSIF including companies and non-governmental organisations affiliated with FSIF in any manner. FSIF will retain ownership rights over such information and will share only such portions of the Personal Information as it deems fit.
- FSIF is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage(whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of FSIF.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and FSIF, FSIF reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the Site, to protect FSIF and it’s property, to fufill your requests, to protect our visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of FSIF.
- FSIF endeavours to use up-to-date security measures to protect your Personal Information.
- FSIF however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the Personal Information.
FSIF Donation Refund Policy
- FSIF takes the utmost care to process donations as per the instructions given by our donors, online and offline. However, in case of an unlikely event of an erroneous donation or if the donor would like to cancel his donation, FSIF will respond to the donor within 7 working days of receiving a valid request for refund from the donor. The timely refund of the donation will depend upon the type of credit card/banking instrument used during the transaction. The donor will have to send FSIF a written request for a refund within 2 days of making the donation to FSIF’s official address or email email@example.com along with-
- Proof of the deduction of the donation amount.
- In cases where the donation receipt has already been issued to the donor, the donor will have to return the original receipt to us at our office addresses.
- If the tax exemption certificate is already issued, then we are sorry but we will not be able to refund the donation. However, in case of a valid refund request due to any error on FSIF’s part, FSIF will refund the donation and bear the costs of the same.
- International donations will need minimum 10 days for the refund process.